Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Day 2

Holy cow! I slept great last night! I woke up and got on the scale, even though I swore I wouldn't get on until the fast was over, but I was curious. I lost 3lbs my first day! (208 lbs). I'm sure it was mainly water weight--I swear I peed 20 times yesterday. I don't think I've peed that much since I was pregnant with K. :) I feel like I have more energy today. I had my morning herbal tea and juice and I didn't really crave anything. Until lunch. I fed K a PB&J sandwich and it looked SOOO good. I wanted to inhale it. But, alas, I had my lunch juice and the craving was gone. I've noticed that my cravings are more intense when it's time for another juice. I have felt great today. I am not as tired as yesterday. I am actually looking forward to the times I get to drink juice. It feels like my cells scream, "Thaaaaaaaaaaaank You!"

Yesterday my cravings we so intense that I wanted to give up at eat junk food. Luckily, Dirk had the will-power for both of us and I'm continuing our 15 day journey. Tomorrow will be the test--I work (2) 12hr shifts Wed and Thurs. I'll have to prepare juice ahead of time and hopefully work will be pretty busy to keep my mind off of food. :) I'll have to make lots of time to pee!

Dirk says he feels good too. He didn't lose any weight since Day 1, but that's alright. We are just excited to start feeling more energized. Dirk did get a little dizzy and light-headed, so he had a granola bar to take the edge off. I think he probably needs more juice than me. So far, the fast is going great and we are excited to see the results. :)

On to day 3....

No comments:

Post a Comment